Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Deo Gratias for Our Church


Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! 
I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. Thank you, Lord, for Pope Benedict. Tomorrow is the last day of his papacy. Thank you, Holy Father, for being our shepherd.
2. Thank you, Lord, for my mother, who does so much for her friends and family and for her church. She and I live so far apart. I miss her.
3. The sunrise the other morning was weird but also pretty. There was just one thin streak of pink color crossing the sky. Like an artist had drawn it with one swing of the brush! Or should I say THE Artist. Thank you, Lord.
4.Thank you, Lord, for our Church. I have grown to know Jesus through the Catholic Church in such a powerful and yet intimate way. I love the Mass. I love the Eucharist, all of the sacraments, the saints, the prayers. And I feel like I am part of such a large extended family, the universal Church, as we all struggle to deal with our pope's retirement. Thank you, Lord.
5. My youngest son celebrated his birthday this past weekend. What joy he has brought to my life. Thank you, Lord.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Love your list today, esp. #4! It truly is a wonderful feeling to be so connected w/ people all over the world through the Church.

Maria said...

Oops! I just realized that I linked to a different post on my blog. The 2nd link is the one for today's Deo Gratias. Sorry about that!

Colleen said...

Maria, I have done that more than once with a link!! :)
I agree with you about #4! God bless!

Susan said...

Colleen, a beautiful list. I do think the Pope deserves our thanks. He's dedicated a long life to God, and will continue to just in a different way.

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you! I agree. God bless!