Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Deo Gratias - Pope, Lent & Family


Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! 
I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. Thank you, Lord, for Pope Benedict. Thank you for giving us such a humble and wise and spiritual shepherd. I trust that his resignation is your will and I ask that you take special care of our Holy Father. We love him.
2. Thank you for the liturgical season of Lent. It is such a grace-filled and prayerful time. Lord, help me stay focused on You.
3. Thank you for my hubby and his stable health right now. And his diaconate vocation. And his sense of humor. And his good cooking. And everything.
4. Thank you for keeping my family safe in the terrible snow storm up north. Two feet of snow!
5. Thank you for moving my sister to a nursing home closer to my mother and brothers. She will feel less alone and isolated. Praise God!

7 comments:

Maria said...

What a great list!

I, too, trust in the Lord that His hand is in Pope Benedict's resignation. I'm trying not to read too many news articles, speculating on this & that in regards to a new pope...it can be quite disheartening, esp. the secular media!

Many thanks to God for your husband's health & your sister! I will keep them in my prayers.

Colleen said...

Maria, I agree wwith what you said about the media. They just dont get it.
Thanks for the prayers!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We have much to be thankful for.

We pray for this and the next Pope and thank them for their services to the Church and God.

God bless.

mary333 said...

Great list, Colleen!
Everyone up here got slammed by this particular storm. My daughter loved it though:) The snow was way over my dog's heads and it was so funny watching them jump like rabbits through it - they liked it too!

I'm glad your husband is feeling well and I hope you are having a good winter too and that the RA isn't flaring up. God bless!

Colleen said...

Victor, Amen!

Mary, i am having a flare now. But it is the first one in a while. It has been a crazy week. Glad you are enjoying the snow! My mom says it was beautiful. I remember those snow days. A long time ago for me. God bless!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I am so pleased to hear your husband is feeling well! I hope that means you are feeling more relaxed and happy too.

God bless!

Colleen said...

Sue, yes, when he feels well, I am much more relaxed! God bless you too!