Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Deo Gratias - Reading, Writing & Email
Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!
I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!
1. Thank you, Lord, for the cooler than usual weather this week. Felt so refreshing! Our winter season has been pretty mild. Too mild.
2. Thank you, Lord, for the Remicade treatments that I take for RA. I have had a flare-up lately but it was a lot worse before I started getting Remicade infusions.
3. Thank you, Lord, for books. I love to read. Books teach, entertain, amuse. Books helped me survive my childbook abuse by giving me an escape. Libraries were one of my favorite places when I was a child. Who am I kidding? It is still one of my favorite places!
4. Thank you, Lord, for my job. I have worked as a parish secretary for 21 years this month! This job has been such a blessing to me, in so many ways.
5. Thank you, Lord, for email. I have never been very good at writing letters, but with email, I can keep in touch with everyone. My mom and I email everyday. I email my sons who both live out of town. And my best friend of over 50 years who lives hundreds of miles away. Thank you Lord!