Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Deo Gratias - Reading, Writing & Email


Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! 
I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. Thank you, Lord, for the cooler than usual weather this week. Felt so refreshing! Our winter season has been pretty mild. Too mild.
2. Thank you, Lord, for the Remicade treatments that I take for RA. I have had a flare-up lately but it was a lot worse before I started getting Remicade infusions.
3. Thank you, Lord, for books. I love to read. Books teach, entertain, amuse. Books helped me survive my childbook abuse by giving me an escape. Libraries were one of my favorite places when I was a child. Who am I kidding? It is still one of my favorite places!
4. Thank you, Lord, for my job. I have worked as a parish secretary for 21 years this month! This job has been such a blessing to me, in so many ways.
5. Thank you, Lord, for email. I have never been very good at writing letters, but with email, I can keep in touch with everyone. My mom and I email everyday. I email my sons who both live out of town. And my best friend of over 50 years who lives hundreds of miles away. Thank you Lord!

18 comments :

Maria said...

I'm right there w/ you on the books! They are such a wonderful escape & lead to many exciting adventures!

Jean Wise said...

Me too on books. I am surrounded by them, drink in their wisdom and they help me open up to God. Thank you Lord for books!

Colleen said...

Maria, yes they are!! It is a great way to travel!

Jean, amen!

mary333 said...

Ditto on the books, Colleen! I don't know what I would do without them!

I'm glad to hear that the Remicade treatments are helping. It's not easy to live with chronic pain and I hope the flare up fades away.

God bless!

Colleen said...

Mary, we bloggers love our books eh? Thanks for your concern about the flare. It was rough Monday but better today.

mary333 said...

That's good news. I am praying for you.
Yes, we love our books! My e-reader too! Being able to read samples first is a big help so that I don't waste tons of money on books that I won't finish. I like reading book reviews too.

Have a great day!

Colleen said...

Mary, I love those samples too. I have saved myself some money.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Many happy returns for 21 years in your Parish.

I like e-mail too. Saves me a fortune in stamps although I can't find an envelope large enough to put the monitor in.

Hope you're feeling better. Praying for you.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, love the comment about your monitor. :)
Thanks for the prayers!

Monica said...

Colleen, so glad the treatments are helping. I have RA also. I don't get flareups often, but I know how hurty it feels when they do come along. You are in my prayers.

Monica said...

Oh, and I'm with you on the books! They are a blessing for bringing our minds and hearts relief!

Colleen said...

Monica, I have mild flares from time to time but this was a rough one. Thanks for your prayers! Hope you stay flare-free!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

Congratulations on your 21 years!

God bless!

Colleen said...

Sue, thank you!

Susan said...

I so love books and libraries! Thank God for them.

Glad to hear there's something that helps your RA.

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you!

Susan said...

Your parish is so lucky to have you in your job.

And I too love libraries and books, both are wonderful. The idea that we can get any book on anything (with interlibrary loans, if necessary or just ask and the library will get a title for you.) Such a blessing. That's why I'm doing a library degree online!

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you!

That must be an interesting class - a library degree.