Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Blessings

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

First, please note that next Saturday is Holy Saturday so there will be no Sabbath Moments post here. I wish you all a blessed Holy Week!

1. Eucharistic Adoration. We are so blessed by the Eucharist. Don't you wish everyone believed?

2. One morning, on my way to work, the sun was so red, It looked like it was on fire. It gave the surface of the river a pink glow. So beautiful, it took my breath away. I wish there was a way I could have taken a picture so you could see it!

3. I enjoyed watching the inaugural Mass of Pope Francis, and that trip around the square to be close to the people there. That moment when he kissed and blessed the disabled man brought tears to my eyes, it was so Christ-like. The friends carrying that man reminded me of the men who had lowered their friend through the roof so Jesus could heal him. The joy on their faces!

What were some of your sabbath moments?

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I hope and pray you and your husband are keeping well, Colleen.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I saw the Inaugural Mass on You Tube and liked what I saw and heard very much. The hermeneutic of continuity continues. Everything I hear the Holy Father say is so comforting. He will not shrink in the face of political power.

Jean Wise said...

Colleen I love how you always look up to the sky to see God. Reminds me to look up too.

May you have a blessed Holy Week

Colleen said...

Barb, I agree with you! Thanks.

Jean, thank you. That is true. I always look up.

A blessed holy week to you both and all who visit here!

Colleen said...

Victor thank you! God bless! Have a blessed Holy Week!