Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Peace

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

1. Went to a penance service at my church, Always a moment of grace. Reconciliation. Sacrament. Peace.
2. Reading scripture and my devotional every morning is a great way to start the day. I am reminded to put God first and to offer my day to Him. It is not always easy to do this on a work day but I find it is essential. I need those few moments to connect to God and to remember who I belong to.
3. I drove into work one morning and sat in my car for a few moments. I love watching the squirrels run around and up and down the trees. I love watching the birds, too. In fact I think I saw an eagle the other day. God's creation giving me a little sabbath moment.

7 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I noticed when squirrels climb trees they go round the trunk as they climb and not straight up as a cat would do. And its often anti-clockwise. Some visit our garden quite often.

Have a grand week.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

A friend remarked that giving God the first of the day is giving Him the best of the day, sort of like the first fruits of sacrifice. If I don't start my day in prayer and spiritual reading, I seem to lose connection with God - He's not on my mind and my perspective is off. Just shows how weak we humans are. The slightest change in routine and a lot of good intentions and communion with the Lord goes up in smoke!

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

This lent has been on where God is showing me the results of 30 years of inner transformation. I want to share my joy but I am not sure how well it will be received in a large forum so this site, where people are mature in their spirituality seems like a safe place. Rather than rework this article, I will simply copy and paste what I wrote for Father Francis and Dr. Carlos Muira. Father's prays were simple verbal prayers of the Church for forgiveness and exorcism and were powerful.

Eileen Miller said...

Love your Sabbath Moments. We also try to put God first in the mornings. When the kids weren't grown and were smaller, we seemed to save prayers and devotions until the afternoon. Now that I only have one I am currently homeschooling, we can accomplish this in the mornings. It is such a blessing!

Colleen said...

Victor, I love that about the squirrels too. God bless and thanks for joining us!

Barb, I know!! I am like that too! I love what your friend said.

Melanie, thanks for joining us!

Eileen, I am not a morning person usually except when it comes to prayer. It just seems to be a better time. And I agree, it is a blessing!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I would love to watch squirrels. We don't have them here. I imagine they are fascinating creatures.

Like you, I do like to watch birds. Sometimes I watch the cats watching the birds through the window. They always forget there's glass in the way when they make a sudden leap as a bird flies close. It's very amusing! The cats are indoor cats as we live in a place with lots of wildlife which wouldn't like them at all.

It is always good to take quiet moments out from our day and just sit quietly and enjoy the little things that are happening around us.

God bless!

Colleen said...

Sue, squirrels are so funny. They are constantly running up and down trees, branch to branch. So much fun. That must be fun with the cats too!
Yse, those little things in life really add up to a lot of joy!