Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sabbath Moments - We Have a Pope!

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

1. Watching for white smoke on Wednesday - truly an awesome sabbath moment. First the waiting - waiting on God. Then seeing the white smoke and getting so excited I could hardly sit still. Finally seeing our new pope and hearing him speak, seeing him praying with everyone there and the crowd just becoming silent all of a sudden. I had tears in my eyes. We have a pope! (More to come on this subject)
2. Hearing the stories about Pope Francis also warmed my heart and bring more tears everyday!
3. Reading a Merton journal and also reading daily reflections always inspire and bring me peace.
4. Eucharistic Adoration. Always a sabbath moment. Thank you, Lord.

5 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Pope Francis is an interesting and intriguing person. I feel very excited to be part of a Church that is so, well...universal. :) By praying for the Conclave I was very conscious of being part of a really big event. We have a lot to look forward to, don't we?

mary333 said...

Great Sabbath Moments, Colleen! My eyes were GLUED to the computer waiting for that white smoke! Live video is awesome! I switched to the TV once I saw the smoke (you know, bigger screen and I didn't want to miss a thing).

Colleen said...

Barb, I am excited too! Isn't being Catholic awesome?!!?!? Yes, we do have a lot to look forward to.

Mary, I know! I was glued too! in between phone calls at the parish office!

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

Tears... yes! We all had tears in our eyes when we heard about our new pope. We are so blessed to belong to such a huge loving family with Pope Francis as our Holy Father. So glad God brought me into the Catholic Church!

God bless!

Colleen said...

Sue, I feel exactly the same way! God bless!