Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Deo Gratias - Boston and Sunrises


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!


No list today. Just these thoughts.
I saw the sun rise this morning. It helped perk up my spirits. I am deeply saddened by the events in Boston. But the sunrise gave me hope. Today is a new day. And no one can ever extinguish the Light of our world. And then I read this:
"I will give You thanks for all things that happen to me." - Imitation of Christ, Book 3, Chapter 17
Amen.




9 comments :

Maria said...

AMEN! My heart goes out to all those affected by the horrible tragedy in Boston.

Such beautiful sunrise photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Colleen said...

Thank you Maria. I forgot to throw in Mr Linky!!! I was just not myself. God bless!

mary333 said...

Such a tragedy. I keep seeing the picture of the 8-yr-old boy who died running through my head. That family is really suffering and my heart goes out to them.

The bombing scared my daughter because Boston is only an hour away. I assured her that it wouldn't happen here and wouldn't you know it - there was a bomb threat at a local school today. I really feel for the kids these days.

The sunrise pictures are beautiful:)

Colleen said...

Mary, I always felt like Boston belonged to all of New England.
I feel for the kids too. They are growing up in such an violent world.
God bless.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Beautiful pictures. I am heartbroken for all those in Boston (and for those in the explosion in Texas, too) and praying very much for them all.

RAnn said...

Beautiful hopeful pictures

Colleen said...

Carol, I am heartbroken too. I join you in your prayers.

RAnn, thank you! I love that about sunrises - hope.

Joann / Lioness said...

Beautiful sunrise photos, God's assurance of a new day.

Colleen said...

Joann, amen. Thanks