Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Deo Gratias - Easter Bunny


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. When I went to work at my church on Easter Tuesday (we had Easter Monday off), look what I found! An Easter bunny!! (God has a great sense of humor!) He just hung out for a while and then disappeared!



2. A beautiful sunrise yesterday on my way to work! I have not seen one for a while. Deo Gratias!

3. I have come to appreciate Facebook for the inspirational resources that are at my fingertips. Besides keeping up with my children and stepchildren and grandchildren, I am also inspired (and fed) by many Catholic writers. Fr. James Martin alone offers many links and resources almost daily.

4. I appreciate my blogging buddies' support of my sharing about my sister. She and I are incest survivors and this is the month of Abuse Awareness & Prevention. I plan to post more on that subject, especially throughout April. Or maybe I will do a post once a month or so. Educational and sharing kinds of things. I have been receiving a lot of support and encouragement to continue. Deo Gratias!

5. Along those same lines - I shared my story with the deacons' wives at the diaconate meeting last weekend and it was very well received and I think eye-opening for some people. Deo gratias!

What are some of your blessings this week?

16 comments :

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I love your Easter bunny. We saw a rabbit hopping off the road into a paddock on Sunday, it's white tail bobbing. I'm glad it hopped quickly!

I was wondering if you'd seen any beautiful sunrises recently!

It sounds like God is keeping you busy sharing your story and helping people. Why do such things happen? Why are they allowed? I don't know, but it is good to see God's grace working to heal other people, as those who suffer share their experiences.

God bless!

Maria said...

What an adorable bunny!

I agree about Facebook. I don't use it for any of the games & such...just connecting w/ family & friends, as well as the many sources of inspiration.

Susan said...

Reading about the bunny you saw made me smile.

Bless you for sharing your experience to prevent abuse and incest. You are doing God's work.

You can befriend the Pope on Facebook now.

Colleen said...

Sue, Thank you for your comments. It is hard to know why bad things happen to innocent children, but I think it is good to know that God makes good of bad and so I share that with people.

Maria, yes, he was so cute!! And then he just disappeared!

Susan, thank you! I didnt know that about befriending the Pope. I will do that! Thank you!

Nancy Shuman said...

What a cute bunny - and he looks so comfortable, all stretched out! Guess he had to rest after leaving all those eggs and jelly beans in yards.

I re-read the post on your sister, about which I THOUGHT I'd left a comment (apparently I hadn't; maybe I just wrote it in my head). But I want you to know that touched me so deeply. You are a courageous woman to share the way you do. Only in Eternity, I think, will you know the people you have helped. I have a feeling the number will be much larger than you've known about here on earth.

Colleen said...

Nancy, thank you for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. Hugs and God bless!

Jean Wise said...

I love the EAster bunny. What fun to see him. And continued prayers for your honest outreach and ministry with abuse.

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you for your prayers, And yes, that bunny is so cute!

Michael said...

God Bless you Colleen!

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Wonderful things to be grateful for. That bunny is so cute!

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you! Yes, he is cute!

Kathleen Basi said...

I also had a moment with a rabbit this weekend...posting about that tomorrow!

Colleen said...

Kathleen, ohhh, I will be sure to read it!

noreen said...

Hi Colleen, your Easter bunny looks like a domestic rabbit that got loose! I've only seen gray rabbits in the wild. How pretty this one is!

I agree about FB. One can learn and grow in faith through it if one is vigilant. There is such fluff and garbage on it too.

You are courageous to share your life story with the deacon's wives.
May God bless you and your sister.

Colleen said...

Noreen, I was wondering about that bunny. It would not let us near it.
I agree with you too about FB. I do not look at it everyday for that reason. I cut down to 3 times a week. And I do not miss it.