Monday, April 29, 2013

Light in the Darkness - A Helping Hand

Maria at Four Blessings Academy is hosting an uplifting new meme for every Monday called Light in the Darkness. Here we share stories of hope and joy. We can link to a news article or video or tell a story from our own lives. Post about your story and then link to Maria's blog. There is enough negativity in this world. Let's spread some joy and light up the darkness!

This is a wonderful story about a NY cop who helps a homeless man. I wonder how many acts of kindness go unnoticed. Many I am sure.
 

8 comments :

Maria said...

What a wonderful young man! I remember seeing that photo in November. I hope & pray that more people will follow his example. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

I think what struck me most in this video is the police officer is putting the boots on this man. He humbles himself. He doesn't just throw the boots at the man or say, "Here, I got you something." The fact that this went viral shortly before the election of Pope Francis leads me to believe even more that the Holy Spirit is always working in ways we least expect. The world needed this image the same way the world and the Church need Pope Francis.

Colleen said...

Maria, he really did set a good example. A beautiful thing.

Kristen, I agree with all you said. Humility and service. And look at Boston and how people just rushed into danger to help the ones who had been hurt.

Gigi said...

Ah Colleen: always something on your beautiful pages to reflect upon.
Humility seems to be at the heart of love; even in being kind to oneself, a lack of arrogance or self-pride doesn't mean lack of self-respect. When you can be humble with yourself, you an be truly gentle with yourself.
God bless you and your hubby, hon xx

Colleen said...

Gigi, thank you!

Rich Maffeo said...

Yes, I remember reading about him. There is hope yet for the world. Now for me to only be willing to go and do likewise.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Thanks for sharing this great video. God bless that young man and the shoeless fellow. Jesus among us.

Colleen said...

Rich, I feel the same way. He sets a good example, eh?

Barb, amen.