Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Easter

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

1. I had a 5 day Easter weekend. What a blessing! Our office is always so busy during Holy Week and I was so relieved to have some time off.

2. I enjoyed going to the Triduum Masses, my favorite 3 days of the year! This is such a time of grace, so moving. I wish everyone would go for all 3 - Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday (Easter Vigil). And the Easter Vigil is my anniversary of becoming Catholic - 24 years ago! This whole time was just filled with Sabbath Moments.

3. I am reading the Cloistered Heart, by Nancy Schuman, a Catholic blogging friend with a blog of the same name). It is a beautiful prayerful book. I am taking my time with it because it leads me to pray. Love books like this!

Easter blessings to all!

3 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Anniversary Colleen.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Happy Easter, Colleen. When I was healthy enough to attend the entire Triduum it was awesome. So many lovely memories of the EF liturgy. Then there was Easter morning and the Easter egg hunt and our small Easter baskets with jelly beans, a chocolate marshmallow egg, and a couple of other goodies. Since we rarely got candy, I used to make mine last at least a week!

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you!

Barb, Great story. We have Easter egg hunt at our church too. Means so much to the kids doesnt it?