Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Finding Time to Pray

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

1. Remicade day on Friday. What fun! Actually, other than getting stuck with a needle, sometimes more than once as my veins are getting tired, it isn't such a bad thing going for my infusion for my RA. It forces me to sit still for over 2 hours. Sitting still is good.

2. Taking the time to read the Bible and my devotionals every day is very important to me. Such a graced time.

3. Finding quiet time has been difficult for me lately, for one reason or another. So this is when I need to try to get creative. Get up earlier, stay up later, pray as I am driving (and watching the road), jot down notes. Writing is a form of prayer and I find it difficult finding time to write too.
What are some of the ways you find time to pray?!?!?

6 comments :

Vicky said...

I find prayer and bible time a grace-filled time, as well, Colleen, but, like yours, our days are really busy. Very early morning or late at night often works well for me because it's quiet. Too late, though, and I fall asleep:-/

I'm reading the bible and catechism in a year, at th moment, and I'm a few days behind. Oops. Time to get off the Internet and catch up. Thanks for the thought!

God bless:-)

Colleen said...

Vicky, I fall asleep too! God bless!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I hope and pray you are well and not in much pain.

Praying for you.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, thanks for your prayers!

Kathleen Basi said...

I don't have any suggestions, just commiseration. Since we stopped nursing I've lost my last ten- to fifteen-minutes of sitting still time. I need to simply take the time to do it, but I haven't been. :(

Colleen said...

Kathleen, I know what you mean., I tell myself I have to do it and then the day is over. AGH!