Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Deo Gratias - Bragging Grandma


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

Deo Gratias!
1. Thank you, Lord, for all who have been praying for my hubby. He is having some tests this week so please keep praying!
2. Thank you, Lord, for mocha frappuccinos (what can I say?)
3. Thank you, Lord, for my children and grandchildren. Some grandchildren are graduating this year (high school AND college). This all makes me feel pretty old but that is OK because I am feeling pretty proud as well. And forgive me for bragging but a granddaughter is graduating from college and has been accepted at Johns Hopkins for post graduate studies. Woo hoo!
4. Thank you, Lord, for my job. Budget is tight these days. I do not want to think of where we would be without my job. And I get to work at my church. I feel blessed.
5. Thank you, Lord, for my birthday dinner with hubby. And for the beautiful view we had while we ate!

9 comments :

Maria said...

Congratulations to your grandchildren! What wonderful accomplishments for them!

Prayers continuing for your husband & his tests this week.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you!

Susan said...

Congratulations for your grandchildren! I'll pray for your husband and you. It must be such a worry.

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you!

Jean Wise said...

Will continue to hold you and your hubby in my prayers. Wow lots of graduations too. Congrats. You have lots to be thankful for

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I would be a proud grandmother in your place too! I didn't realise you had older grandchildren. I only remember seeing the photos of the little ones.

Praying for your husband, and you too!

God bless!

Colleen said...

Jean, thanks for the prayers! Thank you!

Sue, I have 4 stepchildren and 2 children. There are 16 grandchildren in all! Thanks for the prayers!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Brag away, grandma! In spite of your childhood, God has filled your life with great blessings and I am enjoying your happiness.

Will pray for your husband that all works out well.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! Hubby is much better, praise the Lord!