Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Deo Gratias - Red Roses


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. Loved my 4 day weekend.Very restful which is just what I needed. Thank you, Lord.
2. We got some much needed rain, too. Not only did we need it, but I love watching the rain. Thank you, Lord.
3. Hubby and I went to the movies over the weekend. We rarely go to the movies but we have decided to go once a month. Kind of a date. And just plain fun. We saw the movie '42" about Jackie Robinson. Excellent movie. Thank you, Lord.
4. I do not have a green thumb, but 2 red roses appeared in my garden. Love roses! Thank you, Lord.

5.Did you read about the pope's homily on opening the doors of faith? He talked about parish secretaries! I could not believe it. So I wrote about it at CatholicMom.com. I love reading his daily homilies. They are inspiring and nourishing! Thank you, Lord!

13 comments :

Maria said...

Where do you read our pope's daily homilies? I think that would be a great addition to my daily readings. I did read your article...how wonderful that he spoke of parish secretaries!

What beautiful roses! We have a rose bush at work that is blooming some hot pink roses right now. It's looks lovely!

Colleen said...

I have an iphone app called Missio which has all the news from the Vatican. Includes summary of his homilies and general audience talks etc. I love it. If you do not have a smartphone, you can go to the website News.va.
I love roses!

Susan said...

I'll look for those homilies online too. I love the roses!

We got some rain here in Jinan and that's on my list too.

Colleen said...

Susan, I really enjoy those homilies. Thanks for joining in my meme!

mary333 said...

Yes, I read about the parish secretaries - I was thinking that it didn't sound like any I know :) Most are very helpful!

Love the roses!

Colleen said...

Mary, :) thank you Mary.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Your roses are beautiful. I gave up trying to grow any because they kept getting fungus and black spot. No matter what I did, they were very poor. So now I just enjoy everybody else's roses without all the aggravation.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Your roses are beautiful. I gave up trying to grow any because they kept getting fungus and black spot. No matter what I did, they were very poor. So now I just enjoy everybody else's roses without all the aggravation.

Colleen said...

Barb, believe me, these roses were from God. I had nothing to do with them! I cant grow anything! So I do what you do, enjoy everybody else's!!

RAnn said...

Red roses are my favorite!

Colleen said...

RAnn, me, too. Thanks!

Eileen Miller said...

So glad to find this meme and reconnect. We have purple roses near our sun deck. We've also had some light rain here in Maryland.

Colleen said...

Eileen, oh, I do not see purple roses very often. I am glad you found me! I was just thinking of you this morning and thinking about letting you know about this meme! God-incidence!