Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Deo Gratias - Family Fun


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. We had a big family party last weekend for my granddaughter who graduated from college. A lot of fun and tears of joy! Thank you, Lord.
2. I had a quiet Mother's Day which was fine for me as I was totally wiped out. But I heard from both of my sons and my hubby made me a special dinner! Thank you, Lord.
3. Weather has been less humid and therefore quite spring-like in the mornings and evenings which I just love. We do not have many spring days in Florida. Thank you, Lord.
4. I do not have a green thumb and I have tried to plant roses near my home but nothing doing. They never seemed to last long. However, there were 3 rose bushes here when we moved here several years ago and every once in a while, one of them will show off a rose or two. Well, one of them did this week! A beautiful red rose. Awesome. Thank you, Lord.
5. I am involved with Adoration ministry at my church. Besides going to adoration, I also call people together to plan holy hours like the one we will be having for Corpus Christi. It is such a blessing to be a part of it as I so love and adore the Eucharist. What a blessing God has given us! Deo Gratias!

2 comments :

Maria said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter! What an exciting time this must be for her!

Our Ohio weather has been very springlike lately & I am just loving it.

Happy Belated Mother's Day! Glad you had a quiet day.

Colleen said...

Maria, Yay for spring! Happy Mothers day to you too!