Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Deo Gratias - Grateful for Grandchildren!


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. I am so thankful for completing a book project (that I will write about at another time.) And for all the ideas I have for more of them. I just love writing. Thank you, Lord!
2. I am so thankful for some of the great iphone apps I have. Have you heard of the Imitation of Christ app? Its is really beautiful and has quotes from the book. I read this quote this week which is so appropriate for this blog post - 
"All things which we have in our soul and in our body and in whatever we possess, whether outwardly or inwardly, naturally or supernaturally, are Your good gifts. These gifts show that You, from whom we have received them all, are good, gentle and kind." (Book 3, Chapter 22) Thank you, Lord!
3. We finally got the chance to go see a grandson's baseball game. It was fun to watch him have so much fun! Thank you, Lord!
4. I am thankful for everyone's prayers for hubby. He still has a ways to go but we are seeing healing, very slow healing, but healing nonetheless. Thank you, Lord!
5. I am thankful for all my grandchildren. Here is a picture of the 2 youngest! Landan and Amberlee! (Looks like Landan is telling Amberlee a secret!) Thank you, Lord!



8 comments :

Maria said...

Great list this week! What a precious photo! They are just adorable!

Congrats on finishing your book project & I can't wait to hear about it (& more ideas you have in the future)!

Colleen said...

Maria, I love that picture too! I will let you know about the projects soon!

Monica said...

So sweet. And Colleen, I have been fabricating in my mind a coloring page called Deo Gratias. I hope you don't mind my "stealing" your words :)

Colleen said...

Monica, thank you! And our coloring page sounds great with that title!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

What a cute picture!

I think I will have to find out if there is an android version of the Imitation of Christ app!

Colleen said...

Carol, I hope it does because I think you will love it!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Precious children. God has really blessed you and you are an inspiration to me.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you. I think we have a mutual admiration society going here.
:)
God bless.