Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Deo Gratias - Rivers and Rainbows


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. Balloons. I saw a hot air balloon this morning on my way to work! Gee, these trips to work have brought me lots of great sights! This balloon was sailing over the water as I crossed the river. Would have loved to take a picture, but not while I am driving over a river! Thank you, Lord.
2. Rainbows. I saw a rainbow on my way home from work as I crossed the river (go figure). We are trying to sell our house and move to the other side of the river so I am closer to work. But I will miss these sights every day! Thank you, Lord.
3. Hubby. My husband is doing much better. Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you, Lord.
4. Giftcards. I loved receiving giftcards for Mothers Day! Last weekend, hubby and I went out to eat at a favorite restaurant and then went to favorite book store. Had fun and got a book besides! Hubby got a new cookbook. There goes my diet! Thank you, Lord.
5. Blogging friends. I can't say it enough. I appeciate all my blogging buddies and all you do in your writing and sharing and praying. This blogging community is a great place to visit and make friends. Thank you, Lord.

8 comments :

Maria said...

You have such wonderful views on your drive to & from work! What a blessing!

Thanks for answered prayers for your hubby! I'm so glad he's doing better.

Amen to gift cards & blogging friends! I feel the same. I've made so many wonderful friends in the blogging world.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you. Yes those views are so wonderful. Makes the long commute worth it.

Jean Wise said...

OHHH a gift card to a book store. That is the perfect gift! And don't you love it looking up and seeing those hot air balloons. so much fun to watch. Great list this week and reminded me to say thanks once again

Colleen said...

Jean, yes, i love those gift cards for books. I am like a kid in a candy store!

mary333 said...

I'm so glad your husband is feeling better, Colleen.

(Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to take a picture while driving over a river ;)

Joann / lioness said...

Balloons floating above always lifts my spirit as do rainbows of course. I have a 20 minute drive to church for daily mass. I wish it were closer but as it turns out, twenty minutes is just right for a rosary or Divine Office.
Your drive sounds like one of those Sabbath Moments, Deo Gratias!




Carol@simple_catholic said...

Amen to all these, especially #5. One of the greatest blessings of blogging and being online has been all the wonderful and inspiring people I've "met" - including you, Colleen!

Colleen said...

Joann, yes, my drives ARE sabbath moments. Thanks for reminding me!

Carol, thank you! The feeling is mutual!
New friends are such an unexpected benefit of blogging eh?