Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Eucharistic Devotion

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. Started a new book - 21 Ways to Worship, A Guide to Eucharistic Adoration, by Vinny Flynn. (Got rave review from Sarah Reinhard, who blogs at Snoring Scholar.) And I can see why. I mention it here because I have only read one chapter and I already love it. It is right up my alley. He writes in everyday language and makes his point without getting too high-falutin' (if you know what I mean.) The name of the first chapter is "Take Off Your Shoes!" Reading this book gave me a sabbath moment for sure.

2. I am organizing my parish's Corpus Christi Holy Hour for next week and I came across a book I forgot I had! It is called Fire of God's Love, 120 Reflections on the Eucharist, compiled by Mike Aquilina. These reflections and quotes are wonderful and inspiring. I have read through them all once before and now that I have re-discovered it on my bookshelf, I am going to read it all over again. Many sabbath moments in this book.

3. Speaking of Eucharistic Adoration, I went for my hour last week and the hour just flew by. I brought a few books with me but I do not think I read any of them. Just a few meditations. That hour is such a blessing for me. Any time I can spend with the Blessed Sacrament is a blessing. Peaceful.

4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for the book links, Colleen.

Best wishes.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

It's great to have some of those oldie but goodie spiritual books around. Plus your new one which sounds like something I'd like, too.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

It's great to have some of those oldie but goodie spiritual books around. Plus your new one which sounds like something I'd like, too.

Colleen said...

Victor, you are welcome! God bless you too!

Barb, yes, I think you would like that book. I just love re-discovering the old ones.