Saturday, May 4, 2013

Sabbath Moments - The Joy of Spiritual Direction

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. Had 2 days of hard rain, flooded streets and a new pond near our church for the ducks to swim in to their hearts' content! I love watching them. And on my way to church one morning, driving on the bridge over the river, I saw a pelican flying, almost close enough to my car to reach out and touch! Ahh, God's beautiful gifts of nature.
2. More lectio divina and studying the Bible. Bought the Nook version of Ignatius Catholic Study bible. Love the notes in it.
3. Spiritual direction is a favorite sabbath moment of mine, for the Holy Spirit is the real spiritual director. When giving spiritual direction, I always experience joy, a sure sign of God's presence. It is one of the greatest blessings of my life.

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wow ... must be something to see a pelican flying so close. We have a variety of birds visiting our garden, but never pelicans. We had a peacock once, but he must have escaped from a nearby zoo.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I bought the Ignatius Study Bible and love the notes, too. The CCD Bible my parents gave me in 1963 has great notes, too. Studying the Bible is such a great way to fall into prayer.

Colleen said...

Victor, it really is awesome to see a pelican so close. Always cracks me up because I do not expect it. But it happens a few times a year.

Barb, I agree! And those notes help in understanding.

RAnn said...

I love pelicans too, but I've had enough rain this week!

Colleen said...

RAnn, when our rainy season starts, I will feel the same way! Thanks for hosting!