Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Deo Gratias - Air Conditioning!


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. I am so thankful to our children who gave my hubby a wonderful Father's Day. They brought us out to dinner and spent the evening with us. Hubby had a wonderful time. We even listened to a rock band which we have not done in years! And then our youngest and his wife spent the night and brought us out to breakfast. (Have you ever noticed that celebrations often include food?) Thank you, Lord.
2. I am so thankful for air conditioning! The heat index was through the roof yesterday! Summer is here and the air conditioner is working overtime. Got the air conditioning fixed in my car a couple of weeks ago. Not a minute too soon. I have often wondered how people survived living in Florida before air conditioning was invented! Thank you, Lord.
3. I would like to add that I am thankful for ice coffee too, especially in this hot weather. Thank you Lord!
4. I am thankful for the beautiful view as I drive over the river on my way back and forth to work. These mornings the river's surface has looked so calm, like glass, like a mirror. Beautiful to look at as I try to wake up to the new day. Thank you, Lord!
5. I am thankful for my mom and for the great phone conversation we had the other evening. She lives over 1600 miles away and it has been a few years since I have seen her. Neither one of us can afford to travel so we email and we call and the miles just melt away. Thank you, Lord!

6 comments :

Jean Wise said...

Amen to the A/C! I love summer but concentrate so much better in a cooler environment. Love your list

Maria said...

A great list! YUM to iced coffee!I was looking forward to on at Tim Hortons the other day, but when I walked into the restaurant the air was cranked up so high, I decided a hot coffee would be much better!

Sounds like your hubby had a great Fathers' Day! Mine did, too! We spent it together & that's what he said made it so special!

Eileen Miller said...

Wonderful to have those conversations with your mom. My mother is in West Virginia...an hour and a half from us in Maryland here. I cherish good phone conversations with her too. She does not like to drive much. Looks like you had a great week with beautiful sights and happy moments. Our family had cake for Father's Day. Whenever there is a celebration, we have cake.

Colleen said...

Jean, so do I! Thanks Jean!

Maria, glad to hear your hubby had a great day. Being together with family is what it is all about.

Eileen, love the cake tradition!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Loved the air-conditioning one. As we age it becomes harder and harder to adapt to weather extremes. Last week driving across Kansas in 100 degree heat with high winds (30 mph) I thought of the courageous settlers in their covered wagons. How did they endure it? TV and movies romanticize what was a very tough undertaking.

Colleen said...

Barb, I often wonder the same thing. Just cannot imagine. And you are right, it is harder to adapt.