Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Deo Gratias - Celebrations


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. Anniversary - My deacon hubby celebrates the 8th anniversary of his ordination this week! What a blessing. Deo gratias!
2. Deacon cards - It is hard to find a deacon card in local card stores so I found an image of a deacon cross and put it on my website (which offers free ecards) and made him an ecard. I also made him a "real" card. Love the internet at times like this. Deo gratias!

3. Family time - Our grandson graduated from high school last week and there was a big family party at the beach this weekend. Had a lot of fun. Great to see everyone. Deo gratias!
4. Corpus Christi - With the help of our Adoration Ministry group, and my deacon hubby, I put together a Holy Hour for Corpus Christi. It was well attended and such a blessing. I love going to adoration and this was a special day as the whole world, in unity with our Holy Father, celebrated Corpus Christi with a holy hour. Amazing. Deo gratias!
5. Caramel ice cream. Was having stomach issues and thought some ice cream would help. I am a choco-holic but didnt think it would be a good idea to have chocolate. So I found caramel ice cream. It was out of this world! It may be my new favorite ice cream flavor. Deo gratias!

6 comments :

Maria said...

Congratulation to your husband on his anniversary & your grandson on his graduation! Much to celebrate in your family!

Ice cream has such wonderful medical properties, doesn't it? LOL! Hubby bought me an ice cream maker for Christmas two years ago. I'm looking forward to using it a lot in the coming months.

Susan K said...

So many milestones to celebrate this week! Wonderful blessings!

The caramel ice cream sounds heavenly.

Eileen Miller said...

Congrats for all the milestones: graduation, anniversary for deaconship! I had m and m's tonight for dessert.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! An ice cream maker huh? Have fun!

Susan, yes, it was heavenly!

Eileen, M&M's!!! My favorite candy - for years!!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Congratulations to your husband. May God bless your husband greatly for his dedicated service to the Church!

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you!