Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Deo Gratias - Good Morning Moon


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. So many things to be thankful for, even in a week that has brought me so many hassles and much stress. Still, I can find the blessings. Thank you, Lord, for helping me to see the blessings.
2. My hubby had a diabetic reaction the other day. His blood sugar took a big dip. 2 glucose tablets and a hurried trip through a fast food drive-through got him out of it. Thank you, Lord, for helping us through those stressful moments and leading us to that drive-through.
3. My stepson got his doctorate the other day. Really a major achievement and all of us are so proud of him. Thank you, Lord, for this blessing.
4. Music. Music can just soothe the soul and heal the hurts and fill one's heart to overflowing. Thank you, Lord, for music.
5. I often write about the sights I see on my trips to and from work. In the morning I may see a sunrise, or a rainbow, or pelicans. One morning this week, I saw the moon. Bright as could be. Just hanging out in the blue sky, reminding me who is in charge of the universe.



10 comments :

Maria said...

I have a journal that I write in every morning, listing blessings from the previous day. It's really helped to see that there are blessings there, even amidst the trials & stresses.

So glad your hubby is okay. I'm sure that was a stressful time for both of you. Congrats to your stepson!

I so agree w/ the music! I love a wide variety of styles, so it's always easy to find something to fit my mood.

Susan said...

Glad your husband's getting good care. Bravo to your stepson!

Yes, even in tough times, God is with us, faithful and true.

melanie jean juneau said...

You have just receivedt the Best Moments Award with a twist-

no rules except to pass it on

I am calling it the D.O.M. Best Catholic Moments Award

http://melaniejeanjuneau.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/deo-optimo-maximo-the-d-m-o-award-the-catholic-best-moment-award/

Eileen Miller said...

Glad hubby is o.k. I had a stressful week too. I am reminded by your post that God helps us see through the stress.

Colleen said...

Maria, I love a wide variety of music as well. Journaling about our blessings is a great thing to do.I used to do it. Called it a gratitude journal. I have on on my website!

Susan, amen! thank you!

Melanie, thank you!

Eileen, amen. Hope your week goes better! Both of our weeks! :)

Chris said...

Colleen,
Love this meme/blog hop:)
I just discovered you on FB and clicked over here. I've been following your Cath Prayer life for some time now and did not know you had another blog. I would love to join you at some point later in the summer. I love this exercise!
Right now I am taking a blogging/tech break and clicked over to FB for a local business's phone number, saw your name under "people you may know" and came over.
Have a lovely July and enjoy!even Tharatm

Mary N. said...

Colleen,
One of the things that I love about you is how you find blessings everywhere, in every situation. Please don't change :)

I'm glad your husband is okay!

God bless!

Colleen said...

Chris, glad you popped in!! Join us at any time! Have a great July, too!

Mary, thank you! It is a gift God has blessed me with. He helps me find him everywhere, because He knows I am always looking for Him! God bless!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Glad your husband is OK. Diabetics have to always be prepared for this so those glucose tablets were a life saver, I'm sure.

Loved the picture of the moon. Living where you do is such a blessing when it comes to sky scenes. Thanks for sharing it.

Colleen said...

Barb, hubby always has those tablets with him. Hardly ever needs them but we were glad he had them. Things could have been a lot worse without them.