Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Finding God

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. I often find God in beauty. Or God finds me. I often look for him in the heavens. So much beauty in the sky. Here is some of the beauty I saw this week.





2. I find God in laughter. We have a lot of laughter in our home. No matter what is going on, we can usually find something to laugh about. My husband has always been able to make me laugh. He can crack me up at any time.

3. I find God in Eucharistic adoration. Always.

4. I find God in rest. I was soo tired. I took a day off and did nothing all day except read and sleep and pray. I rested in the Lord which is the best rest of all.


5 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praise the Lord that we have so many things to be thankful for.

God bless you and yours.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Thanks for the pictures. Some very beautiful plants grow well in your climate. Glad you had some restful times this week.

Eileen Miller said...

Beautiful flowers! What kind are they? Glad you got some much needed rest too.

Colleen said...

Victor, amen!! Thanks Victor!

Barb, thank you. Thought you would like the pictures.

Eileen, I am not sure what kind of flowers they are! They are outside of my parish office. I will check to see if someone knows.

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

Finding God in My Infant