Sunday, July 21, 2013

An Anniversary

A year ago, July 21, 2012, my deacon hubby was in the middle of doing a baptism, when he suddenly lost his place, and had to sit down. He felt foggy and strange and was wondering why he could not find his place in the baptism book he had been using to do baptisms for 7 years.
After days in the hospital and many mini-strokes and life-saving carotid surgery, I brought my husband home. Within a few days he was making me laugh again. I finally had my husband back.
July 21st is our wedding anniversary. Technically, we never really celebrated it last year. We did not buy cards or flowers or go out to dinner. Instead, when he came home, we celebrated his life, knowing it was the best anniversary gift ever.
This year we kept it simple. We went out to dinner at the beach and watched the sunset from our table, as we enjoyed our dinner and a great cup of coffee. We toasted to life and love and children and grandchildren.
And we thanked the Lord for every minute of the last 34 years.

12 comments :

Steve Finnell said...

You are invited to follow my Christian blog

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you both. Happy Anniversary and Praise the Lord for a full recovery.

God bless.

Connie Arnold said...

Happy anniversary and wishing you many more years of blessings and love!

Colleen said...

Steve, thanks for the invite.

Victor, God bless you too! Praise God indeed!

Connie, thank you!

Maria said...

How scary that whole experience must have been for both of you! I'm glad your hubby is doing better. Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Colleen said...

Maria, it was so scary that I do not think I really got over it until now. It is like the one year anniversary has helped me to let go.

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

Happy Anniversary and good health to you both.

ellengable said...

Happy Anniversary, Colleen to you and your husband! God bless you both...

Colleen said...

Thanks Barb!

Colleen said...

Ellen, thank you!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Happy belated Anniversary. I am glad your father is doing well. Continued good health to both of you. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you. (I know you meant my husband.)
:)