Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Deo Gratias - Blessings Beyond Measure



If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. Thank you, Lord, for my husband and for our 34th wedding anniversary! Our life together has been a blessing beyond words. Deo gratias!
2. Thank you, Lord, for my job and for those I work with. I have been working there for over 21 years now. I have learned a lot and met so many wonderful people. And grown closer to the Lord. I have been blessed by this job. Deo gratias!
3. Thank you, Lord, for this blog. It has opened up so much for me, not the least of which is a community of writers and Christians who love the Lord and share with each other our spiritual journey. Deo gratias!
4. Thank you, Lord, for our Holy Father. His deep love for Jesus and His Church just shines through all he says and does. Lord, you have given us a gift beyond measure. Deo gratias!
5. Thank you, Lord, for the medications that help me cope with my rheumatoid arthritis. My medication had to be increased a little lately, but many have worse problems and more pain than I do. Deo gratias!

6 comments :

Maria said...

I just LOVE your list this week...every item! I especially love the last part of #5...knowing that others have problems & pain worse than mine is what often helps me get through the rough times. I guess that's part of what people mean when they say to offer up your pain for others.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! I agree with you about dealing with pain. It does help to offer it up.

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

A beautiful list of blessings.

Colleen said...

Thanks, Barb!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Wonderful things to be grateful for!

Colleen said...

Thank you Carol!