Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Deo Gratias - I am Catholic



If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. My podcast is now available on iTunes! Here is the link! Guess who is excited about this?!?? Maybe the exclamation points give it away!!?!!! Deo Gratias!
2. The whoopie pies my hubby brought home the other day. Not on my diet! But I have not had such good whoopie pies since I was a kid. Deo Gratias!
3. World Youth Day in Rio. What a week. What wonderful words and images coming from the Pope and the crowds there. My parish sent a group of kids and we have been following them on Facebook (a great use of social media!)  They were even on TV (msnbc) giving an interview and one of them served as altar server at Mass with Cardinal O'Malley! Deo Gratias!
4. The sunrise I saw yesterday morning was so beautiful I could hardly keep my eyes on the road! Deo Gratias!
5. My Catholic faith - to be Catholic, to belong to a church such as this, to have been given the gift of faith and the gift of this church which has helped to bring me so close to Jesus, how awesome is that!?? I cannot thank God enough. I will never be able to thank Him enough. Deo Gratias!

 

11 comments :

Maria said...

AMEN to all your blessings this week...well, except for the whoopie pies! Would you believe that I don't think I've ever had one. LOL

Susan said...

I've never had a whoopie pie either. I think they must be regional.

I agree with Maria. You're shared amazing blessings.

Colleen said...

Maria, I believe whoopie pies are a New England thing. Kind of like moon pies but not exactly. Whoopie pies are round thick pieces of moist chocolate cake with really sweet white icing. Yum!!

Susan, you hit the nail on the head - New England!

Glad you both liked my blessings. I am going to check on yours! God bless!

Daily Grace said...

I just love your daily podcast! This is very exciting. I never thought of such a way of faith sharing. It's really great!

Whoopie pie was a first for me too!

Daily Grace said...

I just love your daily podcast! This is very exciting. I never thought of such a way of faith sharing. It's really great!

Whoopie pie was a first for me too!

Colleen said...

Daily Grace, thank you! It is lots of fun!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Really wonderful list. Loved the Whoopie pies part. Some of the simplest things on earth give us great momentary pleasure. I don't eat them anymore, but my favorites are the Bama pies. Now that I live gluten free, they are a no go and I miss them.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, I wanted to listen to your podcast but I don't have iTunes and really don't want to put it on my PC. Is there another way I can hear it?

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, I wanted to listen to your podcast but I don't have iTunes and really don't want to put it on my PC. Is there another way I can hear it?

Colleen said...

Barb, I will comment on your blog about the podcasts. Just click on my navigation bar above where it says Colleen's Podcasts.

Colleen said...

Barb, I should not have those whoopie pies either. Because of the calories! But what a treat! Like you said, some of the simplest things make us happy.