Monday, July 8, 2013

Light in the Darkness - The Little Things

Maria at Four Blessings Academy is hosting an uplifting new meme for every Monday called Light in the Darkness. Here we share stories of hope and joy. We can link to a news article or video or tell a story from our own lives. Post about your story and then link to Maria's blog. There is enough negativity in this world. Let's spread some joy and light up the darkness!

Sometimes it is the little things. The little things done with great love - that can make all the difference to someone. When we get the nudge to make that call or write that letter, we need to follow that call.

4 comments :

Maria said...

Thanks for this post! I'm a firm believer that those nudges come straight from God. The longer I put off making that phone call, sending that letter, or even just walking into the next room to give a hug to someone, the harder He nudges! One day I felt the sudden urge to pray for a dear friend. I stopped what I was doing, prayed for her, & then sent her an email. She replied that it was just what she needed at that moment.

Jean Wise said...

Wow how inspirational. We never know do we the impact a simple act of kindness does. Amazing that she still tears up when telling this story. very neat video

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you for your comment. I have had the same thing happen. I wonder if I have ignored any nudges. I pray that I don't!

Colleen said...

Jean, I agree. It was a great reminder for me.