Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Blogcation

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. Sitting in my cozy home, watching the rain. Feeling safe and rested and at peace. A nice moment and I was filled with gratitude and praise for God. He gives me every day.
2. July is the month of St. Ignatius (his feast day is July 31) and I am hoping to keep up with the 31 Days with St. Ignatius. There are links for every day this month to read about Ignatian spirituality. I did this last year and I enjoyed it.
Even though I am a Benedictine oblate, I find myself drawn to some aspects of Ignatian spirituality as well. I believe that God draws us to certain saints or Catholic writers in order to teach us something. It is a form of spiritual direction really. The Holy Spirit is the real spiritual director, after all.
3. I am taking a short blogcation this week. Another way of resting and spending more time with God and family. There will be no Sabbath Moments post next week. We will be back July 20.

1 comment :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for the link to St Ignatius.

Have a great vacation, Colleen.

God bless.