Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Finding God

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. I have created a podcast. A couple of them really. One is for lectio divina and another for Finding God in the Everyday. "Finding God" fits in perfectly with Sabbath moments eh? I may just do a whole new blog for the Finding God podcasts.
Between this meme - Sabbath Moments - and the podcast, I have to be super aware of how God is present in my life so I can write and talk about it. That is awesome.
2. Eucharistic Adoration - went last week for my hour. I had missed it when I was away on vacation and I was so happy to be back. That hour is so peaceful and prayerful.
3. I have started reading the gospel of John. I am also listening to podcast bible studies about it. This is not the first time that I have studied this gospel. It is my favorite and there is always something new to learn. I have studied other gospels too but I always come back to John! There must be a message in there that I just need to hear frequently!

5 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I just listened to your first Podcast on the previous Blog post and I liked it.

I don't know the difference with all the techy gizmos we have these days. How does a podcast differ from a You Tube video? Like the one I have on the right of my Blog entitled "This Man"? Mine was recorded (I am told) as an MP3, whatever that is, and then a photo put on as a background. Can your podcasts be found on You Tube? Thanx.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

John is my favorite Gospel and was my Mother's favorite, too. I often feel about the Bible in general that I just can't get enough of it. Imagine how great heaven will be when we understand it all.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

John is my favorite Gospel and was my Mother's favorite, too. I often feel about the Bible in general that I just can't get enough of it. Imagine how great heaven will be when we understand it all.

Eileen Miller said...

Wonderful ideas to build up one's faith life. I wish I had more time for Eucharistic Adoration. There is a nearby Church that has it 24 hours. I visit the chapel every time I visit. I only have about 10 minutes to spend there though.Someday, I'll have to go for a longer period.

Colleen said...

Victor, glad you liked it!
I am glad to share what little I know! :)
Podcast is audio. YouTube is video. Podcasts are mp3 and I think videos are mp4. I guess on youtube you can put an image and then attach the mp3 audio. I have not done that.
I hope to have my podcasts on itunes soon. I am waiting for approval.

Barb, Amen!! Cannot agree more.

Eileen, that 10 minutes is such a precious time. I am an empty nester. When I had kids at home, I did not go often either. God bless!