Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Waterfall

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. Nature always makes me feel closer to God. I saw an awesome waterfall while on vacation. Such beauty. Such power. All I could do was stare at it in awe.



2. We spent our first week of vacation visiting our son and his family. The second week, we rested at home, just hanging out. It rained almost every day and that was fine with us. We did get an opportunity to eat lunch at the beach. I got caught up on some of my reading. Truly a restful time. Sabbath time.

3. I have been reading Psalms (which I love) and doing the bible study through Year of Faith website. I am almost finished and then will go to the Gospel of John, which is my favorite gospel. There are so many online resources available now for bible study and prayer. I have included some on my own website but I need to do more. Looking ahead to Sunday's gospel however (Martha and Mary), I also need to remember balance.


2 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Welcome back from vacation. Refreshed and renewed.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Thank you Victor! Definitely refreshed and renewed!