Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Deo Gratias - Home Sweet Home


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog.

1. We found a new place to live! We looked at many places but when we walked into this one, we knew it was the right one. It is a true blessing to find a place where you feel at home. Deo gratias!
2. My mother will be visiting us for a week in October. I am so excited. And she will see our new home! Deo gratias!
3. Ducks have been parading around our park like they are feeling quite at home. Saw them all in a line walking across the street when I was leaving for work the other morning. What a sight. Love them! Deo gratias!
4. Speaking of wildlife, I have not seen the alligator this week. I am wondering if he was removed or he just left. I sure hope I do not see HIM parading around the park tomorrow morning! Life is not boring around here, that's for sure! Deo gratias!
5. Once we move, my drive to work will take about 12 to 15 minutes instead of 35 to 40. I love that. Deo gratias!

4 comments :

Maria said...

Great list of blessings this week! Isn't it wonderful when you find & know right away that something is just what you're looking for? Good luck w/ your move!

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Congratulations on finding a new home!

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you!