Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Deo Gratias - Packing Time


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog.

1. Lord, thank you for my hubby. He is working so hard to get our move underway. Most of the work has fallen to him because I work full time and he has really done so much singlehandedly. I keep worrying that he is going to overdo, but he is doing fine. Deo gratias!

2. Lord, thank you for the rain. We have had tons of rain and the roads are flooding at this point. I get a little anxious on my trips home from work and can't help but look forward to next month when I will live so much closer to work! Still ... I have lived through a lot of droughts in the past and it is good to have the rain. Deo gratias!

3. Lord, thank you for furnished condos. We don't have to move furniture! Deo gratias!

4. Lord, thank you for the many apps on my phone and iPad. There are apps for finding places to rent. There are apps for helping me check my budget. There are apps for just about everything. And they have helped me tremendously! And then there is the Internet where we can find out how to do things or where to find places etc. Deo gratias!

5. Thank you for our children, who, even in the middle of their own busy lives, are pitching in to help us wherever they can. We just ask, and someone pulls through. Deo gratias!

3 comments :

Maria said...

I'll keep you in my prayers as you prepare to move. I'm sure it's exciting & stressful at the same time. If you can, please send some of that rain our way. Depending on the week, it seems that Ohio weather this summer has either been too hot, fall-like, dry, or torrential downpours. It's been a strange summer!

Colleen said...

Maria, I will work on sending that rain your way! We have more than enough! Rained again today!

Jean Wise said...

I chuckled at you giving thanks for phone apps. I never thought of that before so will also be grateful for that. Too ofter technology is a distraction for me. You have helped me savor it also as a gift. Thanks and blessings on your move