Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Deo Gratias - Surprises!


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog.

1. We sold our house! We have had it up for sale for something like 3 years. Now we can move closer to work and church (which is also where I work). Deo gratias!
2. I will miss my trips over the river on my way to work and back home, but I will not miss the long drive. Deo gratias!
3. I had hurt my knee 2 weeks ago and it seems to be healing. Monday was my first day without wearing the knee support. Deo gratias!
4. My mother is making plans to come visit soon. It has been a long time since she has been able to come here. We didn't know we would be moving when we started planning this. We will be in our new home when she gets here. Deo gratias!
5. Driving home from work one day, I looked over at the lake in our park and there was a gator! Every once in awhile one comes to visit and it has to be removed to another area. I had a chance to get my camera out and took this picture ... from the safety of my car!! Even though I live in Florida, this is not an everyday occurrence. God loves to surprise us! Deo gratias!



8 comments :

Maria said...

Congratulations on selling your home! We are hoping to move w/in the next year or so. We've been in our first home for 12 years & had only planned to be here about 5 or so.

Enjoy your visit w/ your mom! How wonderful that she'll be able to visit in your new home.

Great gator photo!

Anonymous said...

You've got plenty to be grateful for this week! I'm glad to hear that things are going well in your world these days. Maybe I'll rejoin the blogging scene eventually.

In the meanwhile, may you continue to have plenty of other blessings coming your way that will make you say "Deo Gratias"!

Evan

Susan said...

That gator was a surprise. Congratulation on selling your house!

Colleen said...

Maria, we stayed in our first home for 20 years! A lot of memories in that house. God bless!

Evan, so nice to hear from you! Sure hope you come back to the blogging world! God bless!

Susan, a definite surprise! And he is still there!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Deo Gratias indeed. Praise the Lord.

Someone should put a thought bubble on that alligator and write in what he is thinking.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, Great idea about that thought bubble! :)

Carol@simple_catholic said...

I didn't realize that you lived in Florida. That is a great picture of that alligator!

Congratulations on selling your house. I will pray the move into your new home goes smoothly. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, glad you liked the alligator picture! Not often I get that close to one in my own park!! Thanks for the prayers!