Sunday, August 25, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Choose to listen to the podcast below and/or read the article!

We sold our mobile home and started looking for a condo to rent. We were not having much luck. Every time we found a place online, we would call and discover that a contract had just been signed. It was like someone was always one step ahead of us.

Time was running out and I was worried that we would have to settle for some place we didn’t really like. We were so anxious to find our new home.

After a couple of weeks, there was one place we were still waiting to see. It was the first place we had looked at, but only from the outside. We had not been able to get inside because they were repainting and putting in new carpet.

We were afraid to be too hopeful, only to be disappointed again. The day before our appointment to see the condo, I prayed that the Lord would give us some sign. We didn’t want to pick some place out of desperation. We wanted to be sure.

Finally the day came. We walked into the condo, looked around and looked at each other. We knew it immediately. This was the place for us.

God had been giving us signs all along. All of those places that we just missed out on seeing - they were more than just a coincidence. They were God-incidents.  We weren't supposed to choose those.

The first place we had seen had been the right place all along.

We were home.


8 comments :

Mary N. said...

Great story, Colleen! God had something better prepared for you, including fresh paint and new
carpets :) Love it!

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! God is good! And wait til I post my next story about Finding God, very much related to this one! Stay tuned!
:)

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I'm so happy for you! A new home that feels just right. When we walked into our present home for the first time, we also knew it was the right house for us. It was as if God was saying, "This is your new home. I picked it out just for you."

God bless!

Colleen said...

Sue, thank you! God bless!

Kathleen Basi said...

When I was discerning whether to take a job at my new parish (Our Lady of Lourdes), I was very torn. I loved where we were and I didn't want to leave. One day I received an order of "Mary" Christmas ornaments in the mail, and when I pulled out the first one and turned it over, it turned out to be...Our Lady of Lourdes. I burst into tears. Sometimes God does give you signs.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, love that story! Thank you for sharing it!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Congratulations on finding your new home. I pray the move to your new place goes smoothly!

Colleen said...

Thank you Carol!