Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sababth Moments - Rainy Days and Sunrises

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. Some rainy days this week. Love to just sit and watch the rain. So calming and beautiful, really.
2. Saw a beautiful sunrise this week. First one in a long time. Always leads me to thank God when I see one. What a gift.
3. Remicade infusion this week for my RA. Had to increase dosage as I was having more flare-ups during the times inbetween. I am praying that this helps me. I spent the 3 hours looking out the window at butterflies, birds and yes, some rain too. Read my devotionals and watched some videos and chilled out when I got home. My RA makes me slow down.
4. I love to lector at Mass, for many reasons. Not the least of which is the opportunity to really dig into the readings and read commentaries on them etc.
What were some of your sabbath moments this week?

3 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for your good health.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, do you think the stress from having to pack up and find a new home could be aggravating your RA? Just the thought of such a monumental job makes me hurt!

Digging into sacred Scripture is always a flight to God, isn't it. You have such a nice speaking voice I wish we lived close to one another so we could sit and read Scripture out loud and study it together.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you!

Barb, yes, I do think the stress is aggravating the RA. I was in a flare as it was and the stress is making it worse, I am sure.
I would love reading and studying scripture with you!