Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Forced to Slow Down

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Darn. I hurt my knee.
I have never hurt any bones before. I do have joint problems due to RA (rheumatoid arthritis). But no injuries per se.
So here I am. Totally at the mercy of my knee. And the pain and the feeling that my knee is going to give out. I do not like it. Not one bit. I do not like it when I am not in control.
But enough of the whining. It could be worse. I will just offer it up and I will try to find the good out of this.
For one thing, I have to slow down. And for another thing, I need to pray and trust.
Sabbath time is about slowing down and focusing on the Lord.
And that is where I am!  

By the way, a kiss from my grandson certainly helps me feel better! 

15 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Prayers for less pain and an early recovery.

God bless.

Jean Wise said...

Hope your knee is better soon. How wonderful you took a difficult painful situation and found God's lessons. You are a role model for the rest of us!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Slowing down is really difficult for an active and busy person. I think that God lets some of us get old and physically troubled so that we will slow down and move into the next phase of our lives that makes Him even more central.

Love that photo of your grandson. What a cutie!

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you!

Jean, thank you! I often do that - perhaps because of my childhood, but I try to let everything lead me to God.

Barb, I think you are right about slowing down.I do find that God is more central in my life than He has ever been.
Yes, my grandson is a cutie, I dont mind saying. :)

RAnn said...

So cute!

Colleen said...

RAnn, thank you! I think so too but I am a bit biased!!
:)

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. I am praying! Hope it heals soon.

Colleen said...

Sue, thank you so much! God bless!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

I prayers going up that your knee heals quickly. God bless.

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you for your prayers.

Joann / lioness said...

Colleen, I'm so sorry you are in pain. I add my prayers for healing, and send a kiss to make the pain go away. Boo-boos do best when kissed as your grandson has learned. Enjoy your forced down-time and its blessings.

Kathleen Basi said...

There's something truly powerful in learning to "make lemonade" from lemons! Thanks for setting the example for us.

Colleen said...

Joann, thanks for the kiss and prayers!

Kathleen, thank you. God has used me in this way for a long time. Once I understood that, my attitude about the cross changed. God is funny like that!

Michael Seagriff said...

How often I am reminded of the need "to slow down" and just as frequently I fail to heed that invitation. Today I am going to follow your advice.

I join my prayers with the others who visit here.

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you! God bless! And thanks for linking up with us!