Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sabbath Moments - House Hunting

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. I am late with this post today because my internet was down. So instead of taking it easy after a day of packing (getting ready to move), I was up all night trying to fix it. I was able to (amazing since I am no computer guru). So this morning, instead of freaking out about my Sabbath moments, I decided to take a Sabbath moment and sleep in and take it easy. Very unlike me, I might add.

2. Difficult to find any Sabbath moments when I am spending what little free time I have looking for a new place to live. However, I am able to find a moment here and there, reading and praying and begging the Lord for help!! And remembering to live in the moment.

How about you? Did you find time for some sabbath moments?

3 comments:

Barb Schoeneberger said...

The idea of moving is really daunting. My whole body hurts just at the thought of all the physical labor involved. In the spirit of poverty, moving is a great opportunity to downsize and get rid of the accumulations of our lives we no longer need.

I am looking forward to hearing about the house God has picked out for you. All you have to do is find it!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I find a good way to deal with my computer when it does not work is to hit it hard on the side. It doesn't fix it but it makes me feel good.

Happy house hunting.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Barb, daunting indeed! For the reasons you said!
I am looking forward to finding it! :)

Victor, like that way of dealing with computer. I almost did that!