Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sabbath Moments - A Sabbath Place

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Busy at work, busy at home packing - busy, busy, busy! So I had to "work" at finding sabbath moments. They were brief, but still each was a moment with God.
1. Sitting by the window and watching the rain was one of those moments. 
2. Reading my devotional, listening to a gospel reflection via podcast, sitting in silence,  - my favorite way to start the day.
3. Sitting outside for a few minutes in front of the parish office where I work. There is a statue of Mary and a couple of benches there. A peaceful place. A sabbath place.




4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a lovely statue. It must be wonderful sitting there and praying.

God bless you and yours always.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I see the tiny angel statues at the base of Mary's place. What a lovely scene with the colors of the vegetation surrounding Mary.

Yesterday I went to the nearby parish to spend some time with the Lord in the tabernacle. They were having a funeral in about 45 minutes so I spent some time praying for the departed's soul. God gives us these little jobs to do from time to time. I didn't get to sit in the quiet dark as I wanted, but that's OK. These days the souls in Purgatory are all but forgotten right after the funeral so now every time I think of the dead man I will pray for him.

Jean Wise said...

Sometimes snatches of Sabbath is all we find. Glad you are looking for those quiet moments when all else is so busy for you.

Colleen said...

Victor, yes, it is a peaceful beautiful place to pray. God bless!

Barb, I wondered if anyone would see those angels! Good eye, Barb!
Perhaps you were specifically called to pray for that family and the deceased. A beautiful thing to do in a beautiful place.

Jean, thank you! Snatches is a good word for it!