Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Deo Gratias - Quotes, Candles and A Duck!


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog.

1. I just love quotes. I read quite a few of them everyday. Here is a beautiful one from Padre Pio (St. Pius) about giving thanks - 
"You ought to ask our Lord for just one thing: to love him. All the rest should be thanksgiving." 
I just love it. Deo gratias!
2. I took this week off from work to be able to unpack and settle in our new home. We are not done, but we are making progress every day. It is exhausting but we are enjoying it, too. Deo gratias!
3. My mother's birthday is this week. She is coming for a visit in 4 weeks. I can't wait! Deo gratias!
4. We live on a canal now and I just love sitting on the patio and looking at the water. (Does this surprise anyone?) Today I saw a duck - one lone duck- swimming by our condo. Made my day! Deo gratias!
5. I am finally able to light my candles. I couldn't find them until today!! Deo Gratias!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Hope the move went OK and you'll soon settle in your new home.

God bless.

Nancy Shuman said...

A canal and a patio and a duck! How wonderful!

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you! We are unpacking and re-organizing! We have been at it for 5 straight days and miles to go! Amazing. God bless!

Nancy, amen!

Joann / lioness said...

I do love moving; no kidding! New beginnings are special. May God bless you and your wonderful husband abundantly. (We moved about 29 times in our 50 years of marriage.)

Colleen said...

Wow Joann! I cannot even imagine! I do like the new beginning though. We are feeling very blessed. Thanks.

Maria said...

Sorry I missed participating last week...we were out of town for our belated 15th anniversary trip.

Love the quote you posted. I'm always on the lookout for great quotes.

Your new view of the canal sounds wonderful! I'm sure you'll have many great moments there.

Colleen said...

Thank you Maria! I am glad you got to go on your trip!!