Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Graces and Gazes

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Prayer and Packing
After days of packing and moving and unpacking, I am as tired as I can be. In spite of that, I am taking a moment here and there, to sit with the Lord, to rest, to live in the moment. Only by the grace of God.
I hope to get back into the blogging world as I prepare to get back to work next week and into some kind of a routine. My prayer life has not been routine at all. And yet, I find ways to pray.

The Gaze of Jesus
About 6 days ago, Pope Francis gave a homily about the merciful gaze of Jesus. And how we feel that gaze upon us from time to time. We look forward to that "final - and first gaze of Jesus."
The Holy Father preached about how that gaze can change us. How it makes us feel worthy, gives us dignity, how it gives us the "fire in the belly."
Amen to that.
You can read more here about the pope's homily.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

No comments :