Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Letting Go

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. Still packing. We start moving into new place next week. Had to remind myself that God comes first so I would stop and pray and give thanks. Not doing much reading but praying is always important and necessary.
2. Saw some beautiful skies on my commute back and forth to work. Beautiful cloud formations and sunrises.
There were many rain storms this week that always get my attention. I don't know why but I feel the tension going away as I watch the rain.
3. Letting go is an important part of the spiritual life. While I pack and let go of stuff, I also let go of worries and stress that take my attention away from God.
A prayer of surrender that I love to pray is the one Jesus said on the cross - “Into your hands I commend my spirit.” I even learned to sing it in Latin when I went to a monastery to attend their school for spiritual direction. I try to remember to sing it when I am troubled and when I know I need to turn things over and trust in God.


4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Prayers for you and yours. May the move to a new home go smoothly and well.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you! God bless!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I had to pick and make dilled asparagus beans Saturday so I missed joining you at Sabbath Moments this week.

Letting go of "stuff" is hard to do. I have been procrastinating on chucking many old files from my training business. No way will I ever need them again, but it's something like throwing away a part of me since I developed these programs. Detachment. Detachment. Detachment. A good way to avoid purgatory!

Colleen said...

Barb,I am having that same problem while packing. Detachment is hard!