Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Deo Gratias - Feeling Blessed


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. I am feeling so blessed to have a job I love. It is not always easy, and by the end of the week I am so tired, but it is the good kind of tired. Deo gratias!
2. I am feeling so blessed to have this blog and my website and podcast and to be able to use them to share my faith and love for God with others. And for my love of writing, too! Deo gratias!
3. I am feeling so blessed to have a close relationship with my mother, who is coming to visit next week. And since she is coming to visit, my boys and their families are coming, too! Deo gratias!
4. I am feeling so blessed that the weather has been so mild in recent days. There is a slight breeze and the mornings are refreshingly cool. We do not get much of a fall season in Florida but we always hope for it! Deo gratias!
5. I am feeling so blessed that I have been able to lose a few pounds recently. I need to lose a lot more than a few, but it's one day at a time. Hubby and I are both on a diet. Not easy. Not fun, but we are doing well. Deo gratias!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments :

Maria said...

Yes, indeed...you truly are blessed! All of these things are wonderful. Enjoy your visit w/ your family next week. You must be excited!

Susan said...

Wonderful list! Good work is such a good way for Christians to make an imprint on the world. (I suppose bad jobs are too as they should give us a chance to really shine.)

I love a sunny and warm September and October. Hope your good weather holds out.

Colleen said...

Maria, yes, I am excited!! Thanks for joining me each week in this meme!

Susan, thank you. And thank you for joining us this week!

Jean Wise said...

Colleen I know you like my Sunday post but your every week listing of your blessings in one of my favorites. Enjoy that visit with you mom. What a blessing to still have her with you. so many of us no longer have that touch from a mom - that makes it very precious! Enjoy!

Colleen said...

Jean, thank you. I am glad you enjoy these blessings. I am surely blessed to have my mom. She is 79 and very active. She is a deaconness in her church. She also plays the organ every Sunday. Amazing.