Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Deo Gratias - Fun with Family & St. Therese!


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. I saw St. Therese's writing desk!! She wrote Story of a Soul and many letters and plays, etc. using this desk. Hear or read my podcast about it. Deo gratias!
2. What added to the joy of seeing of the desk was that my mother was here to see it with me. Deo gratias!


3. Cameras! What would we do without them? (This is my mom and my husband.
Love my hubby's shirt - says "Property of Jesus"!) Deo gratias!

4. My boys made it here to visit with their grandmother. What a joy! Deo gratias!



5. Laughter. What a gift. There was a lot of laughter this past week with family and wonderful grace-filled moments. Deo gratias!




Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments :

Maria said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time w/ your family! Your mom is beautiful. Seeing St. Therese's writing desk is awesome! How wonderful for you!

Colleen said...

Thanks, Maria. We had a great time. And seeing that desk was like icing on the cake!!

Moonshadow said...

Her things were on display at a retreat house that I'm frequenting weekly down the Jersey shore but I didn't view them simply because I had venerated her relics in 1999 when they toured the US.

I hear the caretaker / priest was very knowledgeable and reverent. Those acquaintances of mine who attended said it was a great experience.

Colleen said...

Moonshadow, yes the priest was very reverent and knowledgeable. He told stories about St Therese that I had not heard or read about before.
I venerated her relics in 1999 too. I had only been a Catholic for 11 years at that time and had only had a devotion to St Therese for a short time. What an experience that was for me! I will never forget it.
Thank you!