Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Deo Gratias - God is Good!


If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog.

1. After our big move, we are pretty much unpacked. We are still putting things away. Actually, it is more like rearranging or taking things out of one place and putting them somewhere else. And then back to where we put them in the first place! We humans are funny creatures. Deo gratias!
2. I am very grateful for the money we are saving on gas because we now live closer to church where we work and worship. I filled my tank 6 days ago and have gone to work 2 days and to Mass, not to mention other places and I have only used up 1/4 tank. Wow. Love it. Deo gratias!
3. My hubby knows how much I like having some flowers in a vase in our home, so he surprised me with some yesterday. Deo gratias! 
4. Hubby also knows how much I love McIntosh apples and we don't see them in our stores in Florida for very long and he brought me home some of them yesterday. Deo gratias!
5. And this morning view from our lanai. What can I say? God is good.



 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments :

Maria said...

We've been in our house for 12 years & still have some things in boxes. I'm also one to constantly move things around, trying to find the best place for each item.

What a GORGEOUS view! I'd love to wake up or go to sleep to that each day.

Colleen said...

Maria, those darn boxes.
I love that view too. I cannot believe that it is there for me everyday!! We are only renting this place but I feel like I really got a gift.

PS - I see that the picture came out with lines across it - it is from the screen windows!!

Jean Wise said...

Apples, flowers and a great view. wow such a wonderful list of joy

Colleen said...

Jean, joy is the right word!! That is what we are feeling these days.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

What a great view!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

I had to laugh at #1. We have been in our place since June and I'm still moving and re-arranging things around!

Great list. :)

Colleen said...

Barb, I know, I cannot believe it sometimes!

Carol, lol. I imagine it will go on for some time with me too!