Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Deo Gratias - Mom


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

1. My mother is visiting this week. I have not seen her for a few years. One of the reasons is that we live many miles apart and plane tickets have been so expensive. But my best friend sent me a surprise check to help cover the cost of a ticket. What a gift. Deo gratias!
2. My boys are coming this week so they can see my mother, too. She has not seen her 2 new great-grandchildren! What an awesome moment this will be. I can hardly wait. Deo gratias!
3. I love that we can pre-post blog articles. I have pre-posted this one because I did not want to take time away from my mom to blog and I have a lot to share! So I decided to pre-post. Deo gratias!
4. My deacon hubby served at a Cursillo weekend last week. I appreciated having some alone time but I missed him and was so happy to have him home again! Deo gratias!
5. The Sacraments. We Catholics have been blessed with seven sacraments - encounters with Christ. I got to thinking about them after going to confession last weekend. I pray that I never take them for granted. Deo gratias!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

5 comments :

Maria said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying this time w/ your mom! I'm sure it's been a HUGE blessing for you.

Completely agree w/ #5...those sacraments are such an important part of our Faith!

Susan said...

Such a blessing that your mother could visit. And yes, the sacraments are wonderful. I think we take them for granted at times, which is a pity.

Colleen said...

Maria, thank you! Mom and I are having a great time!

Susan, Yes, I agree!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

How wonderful that you will be able to see you mom after a couple of years! I hope you have a wonderful time together. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, we really had a wonderful time. Just too short. Thanks.