Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Daily Mass

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Quiet Time
I am taking time every evening to sit on my patio, enjoy the evening air and sunset, and pray. Helps me to let go of the stresses of the workday and spend quiet time with the Lord.

Faith Formation
Our diocese has recorded some adult faith formation classes and posted them on their website. I started watching the one on St. Therese of Lisieux, my favorite saint. Modern technology gives us so much more access to things like this.

Daily Mass
Since I have a shorter commute to work, I have been able to go to daily Mass a few times. What a blessing! And it really helps my attitude. I think I survived Monday better than usual because I went to Mass. I was able to smile my way through the busy-ness and stress. By the grace of God. What a wonderful way to start the day.

What were some of your sabbath moments this week?

4 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Love your Sabbath Moments. Daily Mass is a treasure. The liturgical abuse is so bad in my diocese that I only attend the Traditional Latin Mass. That is scheduled mid-day and it takes a little over a half hour to get there, it's not available on Monday or Saturday, and so I seldom go. But Friday I went to the local parish and spent an hour with Jesus in the tabernacle. It was really a blessing.

Just so you know, I have several friends in crisis situations that have been going on for the past month or more and helping them is eating away at my writing time - and other time as well. Since I believe God wants me to be available at the drop of a hat for them other things are slipping. I plan to participate in Sabbath Moments again starting next week.

I am enjoying your posts that you put into podcasts and have signed up for email notification. Keep up the great work on those. Some day I would really like to travel to Florida and meet you personally, God willing.

Colleen said...

Barb, daily Mass is a treasure for sure and I realized it when I couldnt go!
Prayers for you and your friends. Dont worry about sabbath moments if you do not get to it. I certainly understand. You are living sabbath moments by being there for your friends. And I will be here and will always be glad to "see" you whenever you can join me.
Thanks for your comment on my podcast blog. I appreciate it very much. I really enjoy doing them.
I would love to meet you too. I can picture us talking like we have always known each other.
Who knows what God has planned for us?

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Yes, we will talk as if we had always known each other. God led me to your blog and you to mine for some reason we don't know, but for sure it's for the salvation of souls.

Colleen said...

Barb, yes, and isn't that awesome?