Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Solitude

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Solitude
Had some rare time alone and I took advantage of it by reading and writing and praying. No stress or strain to get anything done. Just a laid back kind of feeling. Lingered over morning prayer and scripture readings. Enjoying the peace and the quiet and ignoring any kind of to-do list.

Retreat
Reading Fr. James Martin's book  - Together on Retreat. Excellent. It is a great book to take on retreat with you or to do at home. I am not making my yearly retreat this year because of moving, but this time of solitude has given me the perfect opportunity to do an at-home retreat. And this book helps a lot.

Finding God in the Everyday
I have started a podcast, called Finding God in the Everyday. I post an article as well so people who don't want to listen to the audio version can read it. I usually just podcast once a week. I really enjoy doing it and it helps me become more aware of the presence of God in my everyday life. And I would guess that most every post includes some kind of sabbath moment.

4 comments :

Kathleen Basi said...

Solitude without an agenda sounds like a beautiful gift, and a true Sabbath moment. Good for you for taking it.

Colleen said...

Kathleen, thank you. Yes, it was a gift.

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Having the opportunity to get some solitude sounds like heaven! Go glad you were able to take advantage of the time and not have any agenda. :)

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you!