Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sabbath Moments: View from Home

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

Rainbows
Before I moved, I used to see rainbows on my trips back and forth to work. That may still happen, of course, but my trips are shorter and I no longer cross over the river so I thought that it would not happen very often.
Then I went out on my lanai the other evening to pray and what did I see? A rainbow. I ran to get my camera and came back out and what did I see? Another rainbow! A double rainbow!
I try to go out on the lanai every evening to do my evening prayers. I have a beautiful view and I thank God for it everyday.

Pope Francis
I have finally been able to take time to read Pope Francis' interview. I have only read a little but I am enjoying it and am amazed every time I read anything about what he says. He is always reminding us to put Jesus first. Pope Benedict said the same thing many many times.
I hope and pray that people stop trying to put a spin on what he says. It is not politics. It is about a person - Jesus. it is about faith and hope and love. Not issues.

Remicade
I had my Remicade treatment Friday for my RA. I had a pretty bad flare (increased symptons) of my rheumatoid arthritis during the move. Physical and emotional stress will do that! I am feeling better now. Sabbath moments help.

Rain
More rain this week. Not everyday, thank goodness. Roads are flooding as soon as it starts to rain! But I do enjoy watching it. It has a calming effect. Now I can watch it from the lanai. I used to talk about the river all the time. Now it will be my backyard!!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

2 comments :

Joann / lioness said...

Colleen, I love rainbows, too! Such a sign of hope. Such a sign of God. I wish you many of them in your new digs, and also that your RA treatment works and your pains subside.

Colleen said...

Joann, thank you! I am feeling better. Praise God!