Thursday, October 31, 2013

Small Successes - Navigating Through the Days


Our days are filled with "small successes." To participate in this meme, write 3 small successes each week on Thursday and link up to CatholicMom.com.

My small successes this week:

1. I was able to keep it together with a house full of family off and on this past week. Family visiting to see our new home and to see my mom who came down for a week. There were moments of stress (including a visit to the ER - hubby is fine) but it was mostly a joy!

2. My hubby has needed a new computer for a long time. He has an old desktop that was running very slow. So we used some of the money from selling our house and got him a laptop with Windows 8. Oh my goodness. As a Mac user myself, this Windows 8 is difficult to get around, but I need to learn it so I can help hubby navigate. We have a long way to go but we have not given up!

3. I went back to work after 10 days off. Need I say more?

3 comments :

Connie Arnold said...

Small successes are good! Your number 1 sounds like more than small success though. Glad hubby is all right!

We had the same problem with old computer and didn't like Windows 8 on new ones. We compromised and got a used one that had what we wanted but a much improved computer.

Blessings to you, Colleen!

Barb, ofs said...

We both had "I kept it together" successes this week! Here's to another week of the same! Hugs!

Colleen said...

Connie, wish I had thought of that!! We did find some ways to work around Win 8 and feel like we are using win 7.

Barb, amen to that! Hugs right back!