Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sunday Snippets - October 13

This is the weekly Catholic Carnival! Be sure to visit RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing and check out some posts from other bloggers participating in Sunday Snippets this week. Why not join us and share a blog post or two from last week?

Question of the Week - Have you read a book lately that you'd like to recommend to us? Which one and why?

I am in the middle of reading "My Sisters the Saints, A Spiritual Memoir" by Colleen Carroll Campbell. Colleen shares her spiritual journey and how some saints helped her along the way. It reminds me a lot of Fr. James Martin's "My Life with the Saints," which is one of my favorite books of recent years.
I love reading about the saints and I love reading about others' spiritual journeys. This book has both!

1. Sabbth Moments - View from Home

2. A Little Faith Goes a Long Way

3. Deo Gratias - Family & Friends

4. Light in the Darkness - 26 Acts of Kindness

2 comments :

Mary N. said...

Oh I loved the book My Sisters the Saints, Colleen! I haven't read Fr. Martin's My Life with the Saints yet but it is on my wish list. My very, very LONG wish list ;) Sigh - I'm book greedy, always have been...

Colleen said...

Me, too, Mary!!