Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Deo Gratias - Giving Thanks


"If the only prayer you ever say in your life
 is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart

Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button.

A special edition of Deo Gratias - it is Thanksgiving Week! What a wonderful holiday this is! I pray that we all remember the meaning of this day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Lord,
I offer my thanks to you, O Lord, for all the blessings and gifts you have given me.
Thank you for my husband. He is the joy and love of my life! A gift from you, I know. Please give him a healthy new year.
Thank you for our new home. Please help us remember you in our home everyday through prayer and giving thanks.
Thank you for our family and for the precious time we have been able to spend with many of our family members recently. Please help us to keep up with our large family!
Thank you for the cooler temperatures this week so we can at least pretend it is winter in Florida.
Thank you for helping my hubby and me start to mend from this cold/flu/virus/whatever that we have. Please help us to be well enough to enjoy Thanksgiving Day.
And Lord, we are most thankful for the gift of Jesus. Words are not enough to express our gratitude and love for our Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Amen.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

No comments :